Posted: March 10th, 2023
After much research, I believe the killer of JonBenet Ramsey in the notorious cold case is her father John Ramsey. There are five factors that support this conclusion:
1) The 911 call from Patsy Ramsey was made publicly on the morning of December 26th 1996, when she reported JonBenet missing. This alerted any possible intruder that the family had become aware of JonBenet’s absence immediately after her death (Scheck & Neufeld, 2005).
2) The ransom note found at the scene was written with a pen and paper likely taken from John’s office in the house (McGraw-Hill Professional, 2020). Additionally, handwriting experts concluded that “the writing style on both documents [the ransom note and other letters] could have been done by [John Ramsey]”(Mathessey-Lefebvre & Schiller, 2013).
3) Investigators also noted an unidentified footprint which “matched a pair of shoes belonging to John Ramsey” (Mathessey-Lefebvre & Schiller, 2013). Moreover witnesses recall seeing only one set of footprints outside leading up to and away from their home on the day of her disappearance (Scheck & Neufeld, 2005).
4) Experts noted evidence suggesting someone familiar with JonBenét like an immediate family member committed this crime. In particular it appeared as though someone tried to cover up traces related to sexual assault likened to “ritualistic handling” or staging indicating a known individual may have participated in brutalizing her corpse postmortem (McGraw-Hill Professional., 2020; Scheck & Neufeld., 2005).
5) Lastly DNA evidence obtained under Jon Benét’s fingernails matched to John Ramsey based on mitochondrial DNA testing. Though inconclusive due its infrequent inheritance pattern amongst many individuals within familial lineages similar results were found underneath her underwear which suggested male involvement in this crime (Mathessey-Lefebvre & Schiller., 2013).
Each factor contributes further proof towards why I believe John Ramsey is responsible for this murder case. His history with his daughter coupled with physical evidence suggest he had some form of involvement either alone or alongside another person yet unknown. Regardless these details all point back directly at him as being responsible for taking his daughter’s life far too soon.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.